Churches

Kirkmichael Church

Kirkmichael ChurchThe Church of Scotland parish church of Kirkmichael is situated on the main road through the village beside the bridge. The present building celebrated its 200th anniversary in 1991 but there has been a church on the site for far longer.

Nowadays this is the main church in a parish of over 200 sq. miles covering Strathardle, Glenshee and Glenericht, and reaching nearly to Blairgowrie. Our churches are linked with the parish of Rattray on the outskirts of Blairgowrie and our minister is Rev. Linda Stewart. We also seek to serve the local community in practical ways, and the church Session House has been renovated and opened up for community use. A warm welcome is extended to any who would like to join us at worship at 9.30am each Sunday.

Rev. Linda Stewart (01250) 876897

Kirkmichael, Straloch and Glenshee Church of Scotland, Charity No: SC008021


Glenshee Church

Glenshee ChurchGlenshee Church has stood at the head of Glenshee in the shadow of Gulabin for over a century.

"The name Glenshee comes from the Gaelic word shith which signifies fairies and also means peace. The building as it stands today replaced an old and unseemly edifice. It is said that the new Church was originally to have been built at Runavey but the fairies did not approve of this and when the masons started building they came by night and pulled down what had been built up and this was continued night after night until the committee realised the futility of opposing the wishes of the "little folks" and the church was built on the spot of the previous house of worship."( This is taken from "Tales of a Highland Parish" by Rev. T.A. Miller,M.A.)

The Church has become very popular with couples wishing a Highland wedding and is ideally situated in its lovely spot with Dalmunzie close at hand.

Normal times of worship are the second Sundays of the month, between April - September (Closed during the winter) at 6pm and a Christmas Day service at 11am. Everyone is made most welcome.

Kirkmichael, Straloch and Glenshee Church of Scotland, Charity No: SC008021


St. Michael’s Church Ballintuim

St. Michael´s Church BallintuimThe foundation stone of St. Michael’s Church Ballintuim was laid in September 1898 and was built using stone from three local derelict crofts; the total cost was less than five hundred pounds.

Services began in August 1899 and we have enjoyed the company of visiting clergy who now occupy a purpose built cottage next to the church on a two week rotational basis.

Our service of worship is at 10.30am each Sunday. We welcome all and any visitors who wish to join us in worship.

 


Top of page

 

TheGlens.org.uk - Strathardle and Glenshee, Perthshire